In this article, we’ll guide you on how to activate and utilize Siri on the iPhone and iPad. Most handset and tablet versions, such as the iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, and iPhone 14, should be covered by these instructions. Our topic is how to activate Siri on iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and other Apple products.
When you first switch on a new Apple iPhone, you are prompted to activate and customize your digital assistant as part of the setup process; if you have already done so, scroll down to read How to Use Siri on the iPhone and iPad.
If you skipped the first setup or wish to activate Siri on an existing phone, keep reading to know how to activate Siri.
Note: If you restored your applications and data from an iTunes or iCloud backup when configuring your device, you may have noticed that Siri went off when the procedure was complete. If this is the case, you must also follow these steps.
How To Activate Siri On iPhone Or iPad
It is simple to set up or reactivate Siri on your device. Once finished, you’ll be able to activate Siri with the voice command “Hey Siri” without having to tap the side (or home on earlier iPhone models) button. Keep reading to know more about how to activate hey Siri.
Related article: iPhone won’t turn on – 10+ common errors and how to fix it
- iPhone 4s or later is required.
- A link to the Internet (wireless or 4G upwards is best).
- The most recent iOS version that is compatible with your device.
Ways To Setting Up Siri On The iPhone & iPad
- Go to Siri & Search > Settings.
- Turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” if you want to access Siri with your voice rather than the side/home button. So, read on to know how to activate voice-activated Siri. This means you can ask Siri questions, set alarms, send emails, contact pals, and do pretty much anything else by saying “Hey Siri” while your iPhone or iPad is nearby.
- Your smartphone will now ask you to repeat “Hey Siri” followed by a series of brief sentences.
- Toggle on Press Side Button for Siri.
- Toggle Allow Siri When Locked — this is optional; read the section on securing Siri below for more information.
- Choose your language and Siri Voice options. Siri’s sex and accent are among them.
- Select your chosen settings by tapping on Siri Responses.
- Decide if you’d want to activate Call Hang-up (iOS 16 and higher), which allows you to say “Hey Siri, hang up” to end phone, and FaceTime calls.
- Tap Announce Calls and choose whether you want Siri to notify calls to you if you have earphones on.
- Activate or deactivate Notifications should be announced. When enabled, you may choose which applications Siri will notify over your iPhone’s speaker (iOS 16 only) or compatible headphones. This means that even if your iPhone is face down on a table or out of sight, Siri may notify you of incoming calls and alerts.
- In My Information, provide your contact information. This is so Siri knows who you are and may create relationships with other contacts in your address book, such as ‘wife’ or ‘brother’.
- Tap on Siri & Dictation History and choose to erase to eliminate prior queries from Apple’s servers.
- The final option in this section is Automatically Send Message. Activate it if you would like to send a text message without first asking Siri to confirm the activity.
Before Searching, Content From Apple And Suggestions From Apple
Toggle all of these features on and off. They let Siri deliver tailored recommendations in applications or when you use Search, Look Up, or Keyboard.
Related article: How to unlock iPhone passcode without computer [7 easiest solutions]
How To Ensure Siri’s Security
When you use Siri, Apple guarantees to keep your data safe. According to their official website:
“Siri is designed to do as much learning as possible offline, directly on your device. Searches and requests are not associated with your identity — so your personal information isn’t gathered to sell to advertisers or other organizations. And end‑to‑end encryption ensures that data synced between your devices can’t be accessed, even by Apple.”
However, when it comes to Siri access on your device, it is entirely up to you how secure you want your iPhone or iPad to be.
Some individuals choose to use a password to prevent Siri from accessing their devices. Others appreciate the ease of reaching their email and applications without having to go through any additional processes. So, we suggest that you should use the passcode to secure your Siri.
Siri, by default, will bypass your passcode. This implies that a stranger may pick up your iPhone — or use the “Hey Siri” command — and use it to make calls, send texts, send emails, or access other sensitive information without first inputting the security code.
You may, however, prohibit Siri from overcoming the passcode by turning off Allow Siri When Locked under Siri & Search or;
- Navigate to Settings > Face ID and Passcode and, when prompted, input your code.
- Scroll down and choose Allow Access When Locked.
- Allow Access When Locked for Siri should be set to Off.
Related article: No sound on iphone error and 12 most simple ways to fix
Rare stories have surfaced of users asking Siri to display information on other people’s iPhones. Fortunately, the majority of the incidents have occurred for positive causes, such as recovering a misplaced phone. Siri is becoming more clever over time at identifying your voice and not responding to unusual noises.
Siri, Apple’s voice assistant, can do a wide range of activities without requiring you to use your hands. Siri can assist you with anything from solving arithmetic questions to arranging a FaceTime call. Once you’ve mastered the Hey Siri feature, life gets much easier. So, our topic about how to activate Siri with home button or voice may help.
You can also utilize your own Siri phrases to trigger certain Shortcuts app functions. You may use this to set up numerous actions, such as shutting off Wi-Fi and cellular or triggering an alarm with a custom phrase that you create. We hope that our guide above will help you to know more about how to activate Siri on your iPhone.
- Address: 1301 K Street NW Washington, D.C., U.S. 20071
- Phone: 0190-8286
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.wapolabs.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wapolabs/