- Hisuian Samurott, the Formidable Pokemon, will be available for trainers in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet to battle in a Seven-star Tera Raid from November 23 to November 26, and again from November 30 to December 3.
- Hisuian Samurott has a dual Water and Dark typing and a versatile move pool, making it a commonly used Pokemon in competitive battles. Trainers are encouraged to transfer it from Hisui to Paldea via Pokemon HOME.
- Trainers without Pokemon Legends: Arceus can still catch a Hisuian Samurott of their own during the Tera Raid battle. Samurott will have the Water-type as its Tera type and will possess the Hidden Ability, Sharpness, boosting the power of slashing moves by 50%.
During the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet players will have the opportunity to take on Hisuian Samurott the Unrivaled in a Seven-star Tera Raid battle. The battle will likely put Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers to the test, as Hisuian Samurott has a host of moves that serve as counters for various Pokemon types.
Known as the Formidable Pokemon, Samurott is the final evolution of Oshawott, the Water-type starter of the Unova region. While Samurott first appeared in Pokemon Black and White, the aquatic critter received a Hisuian regional form in Pokemon Legends: Arceus that turned it into a Water and Dark dual-type Pokemon. As a result of its dual-typing and the versatile move pool at its disposal, Hisuian Samurott is one of the most utilized Pokemon in competitive battles. Ergo, the Formidable Pokemon is one that trainers can and should transfer from Hisui to Paldea via Pokemon HOME as soon as possible.
RELATED: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Leak Hints at Terapagos Being Stronger Than Arceus
However, trainers that do not have Pokemon Legends: Arceus will soon have a chance to catch a Hisuian Samurott of their own. According to Serebii.net, the Seven-star Tera Raid battle against Hisuian Samurott the Unrivaled will start on Thursday, November 23, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, and conclude on Sunday, November 26, at 6:59 p.m. Eastern. The event will repeat on the following weekend, from November 30 to December 3, at the same start and end times. Hisuian Samurott the Unrivaled will have the Water-type as its Tera type and will have the Mightiest Mark. The appearance of Hisuian Samurott the Unrivaled will conclude a series of Tera raid battles against Pokemon from the Hisui region, with Hisuian Typhlosion being fought during the first half of November.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Seven-Star Tera Raid Battle Against Hisuian Samurott
- From Thursday, November 23, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, to Sunday, November 26, at 6:59 p.m. Eastern.
- From Thursday, November 30, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, to Sunday, December 3, at 6:59 p.m. Eastern.
Hisuian Samurott will have access to its Hidden Ability, Sharpness. This ability will boost the power of slashing moves, such as its signature moves Ceaseless Edge and Razor Shell, by an additional 50%. With a near-even distribution of the Attack and Special Attack stats, Hisuian Samurott the Unrivaled may serve as a foil to the Seven-star Tera Raids against Eevee, which were criticized by some Pokemon trainers for being too easy. By contrast, Hisuian Samurott is also capable of using moves such as Drill Run, X-Scissor, and Aerial Ace to cover its weaknesses to Electric and Grass Pokemon.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to plan carefully when assembling a team to challenge the Formidable Pokemon. Between the new Tera raid and the impending arrival of The Indigo Disk DLC, trainers will have plenty to sink their teeth into soon.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet are the main entries in the series for Generation IX. They introduced over 100 new Pokemon and brought players to the Paldea region.
Franchise Pokemon Platform(s) Switch Released November 18, 2022 Developer(s) Game Freak Publisher(s) Nintendo, The Pokemon Company Genre(s) RPG ESRB E For Everyone Due To Mild Fantasy Violence How Long To Beat 31½ Hours