- Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games are releasing a collection of classic Star Wars games for the Switch, but two of the titles will be digital downloads, which may disappoint fans who prefer physical media.
- The Star Wars Heritage Pack includes 7 classic games, with only 5 games on the cartridge itself. Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 will require a digital download code, most likely due to space limitations.
- The Heritage Pack will be released physically on December 8th for the Nintendo Switch.
Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games have announced a collection of classic Star Wars games coming to the Switch, but two of the titles will be digital downloads. Star Wars fans who prefer physical media should be thrilled with this news; however, there is a catch that may be disappointing for some.
Although digital games and media are becoming increasingly popular, many people still prefer to buy their games on a physical disk or cartridge. Purchasing a physical video game feels like true ownership for these players, plus they get to display the box in their homes and save storage space on their consoles. Plenty ofStar Wars games deserve a remaster, but many fans prefer to have the classic versions physically for a sense of nostalgia.
RELATED: Rocket League is Getting Some Incredible Star Wars Skins
For the gamers who prefer physical editions, Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games have announced the Star Wars Heritage Pack, a collection of 7 classic Star Wars games, set to release December 8th. But here’s the catch: only five games will be on the cartridge itself, with Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 being digital downloads. No reason was given why these two games require a digital download code, but it can only be assumed that it’s due to space limitations.
Star Wars Heritage Pack Games List
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 – Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is 20 years old, but many fans still consider it the best Star Wars game of all time. The story of this classic RPG takes place thousands of years before the events of the original trilogy and features complex characters, turned-based combat, and a morality system that allows players to choose between the light and dark sides of the Force. Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords tasks the player with assembling a crew of companions to uncover the mysteries surrounding The Exile. Although some of the gameplay mechanics were improved in the sequel, The Sith Lords is not as beloved as the original game.
Another notable addition to this collection is the fan-favorite Star Wars game The Force Unleashed, an action-adventure story where the player assumes the role of Starkiller, Darth Vader’s secret apprentice. Another popular game included in the collection is Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, featuring a single-player campaign where players encounter iconic characters from the Star Wars universe as Kyle Katarn, a former Jedi Knight turned mercenary. There’s also Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer, a classic game based on the prequel trilogy that puts players in the cockpit of various pod racers from the franchise.
Star Wars Heritage Pack will be released physically on December 8th for the Nintendo Switch
MORE: Best Star Wars Games Ever, Ranked
Source: Nintendo Soup