- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Classic Upgrade includes a mount version of Ragnaros for both Classic and modern WoW, along with other cosmetics.
- The Epic Upgrade offers a level 80 character boost and 30 days of game time, but is $50 more expensive than the Heroic Pack.
- Players who want only the cosmetics should opt for the normal Cataclysm Classic Upgrade or wait for potential discounts in the future.
World of Warcraft just revealed the Cataclysm Classic Upgrades, which feature some excellent cosmetics, including a mount version of Ragnaros. Players who buy this optional collection can ride the iconic raid boss in both Classic and modern World of Warcraft.
During BlizzCon, World of Warcraft announced Cataclysm was officially coming to its Classic servers. The controversial expansion pack that introduced some game-changing alterations to World of Warcraft, including a world revamp and the Transmog system, will replace Wrath of the Lich King in the progression realms, alongside the retro Classic Era servers.
RELATED: World of Warcraft Classic Reveals Season of Discovery With ‘Class-Altering’ Abilities
Like Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King before it, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Classic has optional upgrade packs players can get to enhance their experience. Both versions of these collections include some charming cosmetics, least of all the Avatar of Flame and the Runebound Firelord–a flying mount inspired by Ragnaros for both Classic and modern World of Warcraft respectively. The Blazing Heroic Pack is available for $30, while the Blazing Epic Upgrade costs $80.
What is in the WoW: Cataclysm Classic Upgrade?
- Ragnaros flying mounts for Classic (Avatar of Flame) and retail (Runebound Firelord).
- Lil’ Wrathion pet for Classic and retail.
- Twilight’s Hammer Regalia transmog set for Classic.
- Town-In-A-Box Starter Set toy for Classic.
- Level 80 Character Boost for Classic (Epic Upgrade only).
- 30 days of game time (Epic Upgrade only).
Players might be given pause by the steep cost of the Epic Upgrade–a solid $50 more than the Blazing Heroic Pack. The only thing this upgrade offers, besides $15 of game time, is a near-50% discount on a Character Boost, which sells for $60 alone. Players not interested in the character boost, and who only care about the cosmetics, should simply buy the normal Cataclysm Classic Upgrade. Alternatively, they could wait until World of Warcraft discounts these packs in the future, as the Wrath of the Lich King Classic upgrades were during nearly every major Blizzard sale.
A lot of World of Warcraft players are torn about the idea of Cataclysm Classic. Part of the appeal of Classic WoW was the ability to see Azeroth as it was before Cataclysm reworked most of its original zones. The fact that Cataclysm is replacing Wrath of the Lich King Classic means players won’t be able to experience these original zones on the progression servers. Luckily, between the Classic Era, Hardcore, and the new Season of Discovery servers in World of Warcraft Classic, players should still have plenty of ways to experience the iconic MMORPG in both old and new ways.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic is the second expansion released by Blizzard Entertainment for its popular MMORPG. It recreates the original experience prior to the more recent expansions and changes, especially those following the sweeping world changes of the Cataclysm expansion.
Franchise Warcraft Platform(s) PC Released September 26, 2022 Developer(s) Blizzard Publisher(s) Activision See at Official Site